Many people who suffer from anger issues believe it is simply a temporary emotion that comes along for a moment and is gone with no lingering effects. They don’t realize the effects if you are unable to control your anger. Here are some things to keep in mind of how anger affects you both psychologically and physically and how if affects those around you.
1. When you suffer from anger sometimes it’s not easy to see how it has a full time affect on your life. People who suffer from anger issues can’t enjoy and appreciate the simple things in life that other’s so easily enjoy. Since it consumes even when you are not in an enraged state it still affects your outlook, attitude and emotions.
2. While angry there are numerous functions that are impaired. When in an angry state you can’t make good decisions. Your reasoning is cloudy and a lot of the decisions you make are ones you regret later.
3. You can’t communicate effectively. Pretty much common sense. It’s wise to put off communications with others while you are suffering from anger and save communicating when you can control your anger more effectively.
4. You take out your anger on innocent people in your life. This is something everyone who suffers from anger regrets. It’s easy to fall into this when emotions are running high.
5. You don’t have the ability to see things from someone else’s perspective or view point. One of the most underrated skills we have as human is the ability to empathize and see things from someone else’s perspective. When angry you lose this perspective and the respect of others around you.